Monday, April 5, 2010

Weekend at the Farm

The only thing Mum wanted for her birthday was for Devin and I to come up to the farm for the weekend. After our busy March, we decided last weekend would be perfect. It was General Conference and Easter. We always have a great time while we are there. Rest, relaxation, good food, and there are always projects to work on.

As you can see, Devin is very excited!

I was excited to see my cat Paris. I'm reminded constantly on how I abandoned this cat when I decided to get married. But hey...Devin is allergic to cats. Did they want me to get married or be a cat lady? I still get to visit him and he always remembers me.

Devin worked on several projects with Al. He set up the internet in their shop for Kiwi Metal Art. They worked on a neighbor's car together. They attempted to replace our cars brake pads (which I bought the wrong kind).
Here is one of the new signs they made in the shop.
Looks good huh!?!

Devin even got a new (and free!) toy. He found this subwoofer and amp in their shop and they let him have it. He spent several hours hooking it up and now we have this in our car. Devin is in heaven. I will need some advil!

Mum and I worked on some sewing projects. Well....Mum worked on the projects. I picked out material and took a nap : ) Here are some cute booties Mum made for Zander. She also sewed some receiving blankets and bibs. She is the sewing queen!

Last year, Mum and Al added some chickens to the farm. There are 11 and they lay about a dozen eggs a day.  Next year, we plan on having a good dinner with these chickens!

We picked up 7 new chicks at the feed store. They are so small! They have to be kept in a cage under a heat lamp for the next few weeks. In a couple months, these ones will start laying eggs.

We definitely need to try and make it up there more often. I think Zander will love visiting the farm and hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa.

1 comment: