Monday, September 16, 2013

Potty Training Woes

Potty training has to be the worst part about parenting. It is for me at least.

When Zander turned 2, we bought this frog potty. From all my online research and fellow mom advice, it was best not to push the subject. There would be sure tell signs that he was ready for this next step. I waited.....and waited....and waited. He turned 3 and still didn't want to use the potty. He didn't care that his diaper was wet and wouldn't tell me when he had to go. Finally, I had enough! It was so embarrassing going into the restroom to change my 3 year old's diaper when I was out and about. I decided that I was dedicating a weekend to potty training.

The day came on Saturday and it was miserable. Poor Z was naked all day, which he hated. I thought after the first couple accidents that he would get the hang of it. I was wrong and it was incredibly frustrating. I'd take a crying baby over this. 

Sunday was about the same. Tonight was a little bit better. 3 successful potty trips and only 1 accident. Baby steps, but I will take it! I have found that he will go when you put him on the potty, but he won't tell you when he has to go. I have to look for the signs and hope that someday it will finally click for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment