Saturday, October 26, 2013

Baby Merrill #2

After my miscarriage in November 2012, we had to wait a few months before trying again for a baby. We started again in February 2013. The timing was perfect as we had a week long getaway in the Cayman Islands without Zander. Sadly, I didn't get pregnant and I was devastated.
Weeks turned into months and the frustration was still there. It seemed like I was constantly looking at a calendar and playing the waiting game. There is a small window each month which is ideal for baby making. So it would be "go time" during those days. Then I'd have to wait until I could take a pregnancy test. I always took these a few days before my missed period since I'm so impatient. After a negative test, I'd have to wait for my period to start and end. Then I'd have to wait again for fertile time. The cycle repeated each month. It seemed like we were on a constant count down clock.
After months of negative tests, I tried to take everyone's advice and to not think too hard about it. October was one of those months. While we were getting ready for the Ward Trunk or Treat, I just happened to look at the calendar and remember that my period was to come in a few days.  I took a pregnancy test with the mindset that it would be negative. I was so shocked when it showed up positive. Devin was in the bathroom with me so he heard the news right away. We were finally pregnant! Baby #2 is due July 2014. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment