Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pregnancy Diaries - 19 Weeks and the Gender Reveal

Baby's heartbeat
While I loved the family reunion, I was bummed that it interfered with my anatomy and gender reveal ultrasound. I had to wait an extra week to found out if we were having a boy or girl. I scheduled the first available appointment after our cruise and it was first thing in the morning. The majority of people thought we were having a girl. I thought we were having a girl too, but I didn't know if that was my intuition or my preference. I went into the appointment thinking and being fully prepared for them to say boy. After all, there are 5 Merrill grandsons and no girls. 
The ultrasound tech looked and measured the baby thoroughly. We heard the heartbeat, checked all the vital organs, and did all the necessary measurements. I am measuring a week ahead of schedule so we could have a 4th of July baby after all. Then the big moment came and we found out that we are having a girl. We cried when we heard the news, although I would have cried either way. It was great to finally know that there is a little girl in there. I had visions of pink, tea parties, dollies, pedicures, and dresses in my head. When it came time to take profile pictures, baby girl was facing towards my back and wasn't budging. We got a little glimpse of her little profile and I fell in love immediately. We are going to have a daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment