Monday, May 3, 2010

New Dresser

Lately I've been feeling like time is flying by and we will not be ready when the baby comes. After this weekend, we are one step closer. We finally bought a dresser for Zander's room. It may not be a huge deal, but I had his clothes scattered all over the floor and had no where to put them. Devin suggested hanging them up. Really - who hangs up onesies? I was the happiest person after we bought the dresser and the big box fit in the Tiburon.

Here is my sweet hubby actually reading the directions.
We only had a few problems assembling it. The wood cracked in the bottom left corner, which is ok since the drawer covers it. Also - Devin couldn't get the screws into the top left of the dresser so you could probably rip the top off if you tried really hard. Please don't do this if you come to my house.
Here it is. I think it's perfect! Plus I'm motivated to finish the room. Just need to recover the chair cushion, get curtains, finish sewing the quilt and sheets, buy hooks to hang up his towels & little robe, buy some unnecessary (but cute) accessories that go with his beach/surf room, and then have the baby! Alot to do and only 8 more weeks to get it done.

3 comments:

  1. It fabulous! Good job getting ready :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Devin come up with the beach theme? David came up with the same for Carson's room!! Best friends think alike!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary - yes he did : ) I am so indecisive, so I was glad when Devin decided he wanted a surfer room for Zander. After that big decision, it's been easy picking the colors, fabrics, accessories, and running with the theme. Congrats on your little girl! That is so exciting to have 1 of each.

    ReplyDelete