Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Uh Oh..


I hate when I do stupid things that end up costing us money.

My latest "uh oh" moment happened earlier this week when I broke our kitchen faucet. I was trying to be a good wife/mother/clean freak and wash out my bowl of pudding instead of leaving it in the sink. I went to turn on the faucet and snap. The top part just broke off. Now, I'm not a big lady and I do not have the strength of the Incredible Hulk. How was this possible? I don't know! We've been using the sink without the end part, but it is very difficult considering the water sprays straight up into the air when you don't have a towel over it. I've forgotten many times and been sprayed in the face. We need to give in and just buy a new faucet.

 I have had many of these "uh oh" moments. Let's see.....backing out of the garage and hitting the back of our car into Devin's work truck. Our car has a large dent. The work truck was fine. OR trying to kill ants in our closet by putting kitchen cleaner on them. I know ghetto, but we didn't have ant spray. The cleaner had bleach in it so we now have large bleach stains on the carpet. OR taking the ice tray out of the freezer to defrost the huge chunk that had accumulated. After a few days away for the Thanksgiving holiday, I open the freezer to find a giant ice mound in the trays spot and icicles forming down the sides of the freezer. OR trying to cut the sides of a candle with a kitchen knife. After an $800 trip to the ER, a tetanus shot, and 3 stitches, my hand is good as new. I could go on and on. I am thankful that I am married to such a patient and laid-back guy who doesn't get mad and assures me that everything will be ok. I know I would have FREAKED out if these situations were reversed. I could really learn something from him!

No comments:

Post a Comment