Saturday, February 5, 2011

My First Week

I started my new job on January 31 and I love it! I am an account manager working with a book of 70+ accounts that spend between $1000-5000 per month. It is my job to maintain these clients, try to grow them past $5000 per month, and to optimize their retargeting campaigns so they are seeing the maximum return on investment. 
This company is absolutely wonderful! I've never been at a job where people love what they do and like to come to work everyday. I have heard multiple times that this is the best job that they have ever had and I can definitely see why. The culture is so different from my last job. Employees are appreciated and motivated to do their best work. Everyone works hard, but we play and have fun too. In my first week, we had a big ice cream social to celebrate birthdays. Someone brought their dog into work (which is a normal thing). There are dog beds and dog bowls at the front of the office. I've seen many nerf gun fights and was the target of a nerf bullet. I played three truths and two lies in our company meeting. No one believed I had a tattoo (a lie) or that could play the drums on expert on Rockband (a truth). I went to lunch with the VP of Advertising and discussed a career path with the company.  
 I have learned so much in this last week and I am so excited to continue learning and get into my position.

No comments:

Post a Comment