Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weekend Getaway

Devin and I decided to getaway for the weekend to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary coming up this week. We went to Flagstaff and went snowboarding at Snowbowl Ski Resort. Devin really enjoyed himself. He gets better at snowboarding every time he goes. I sort of enjoyed myself. I crashed getting off the lift every time (which I am sure was a hilarious sight to watch), had a couple bad falls and ended up with a bruise on my bottom, and got a horrible sunburn on my face. Despite all my bruises and pain, I had a great day because we spent it together. 






After snowboarding, we checked into our hotel and went out on the town. We ate dinner at Beaver Street Brewery. They were voted #1 place to eat in Flagstaff. The food was amazing and it was the cutest restaurant. Since I went to college in Flagstaff, I took Devin on a little tour of the downtown area and up to Lowell Observatory. I love Flagstaff! I would move back there in a second.
To finish our weekend, we took a drive through Sedona and Cottonwood and explored the town of Jerome. Jerome sits above what was the largest copper mine in Arizona and produced an astonishing 3 million pounds of copper per month. Men and women from all over the world made their way to Arizona to find work and maybe a new way of life. Today the mines are silent, and Jerome has become the largest ghost town in America.



We had a great time celebrating our anniversary.  It was the first time we left Zander overnight, so we were ready to get back home to our baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment