Friday, September 21, 2012

High Five Friday

1. Mum & Al visited us this past weekend. With work, they normally come Saturday night and spend Sunday with us but this time they were able to come on Friday night for the entire weekend. We found a new breakfast spot called The Good Egg, shopped at Harbor Freight, and these two spent some quality time with Zander as Devin and I went to see Les Mis.


2. Devin got 3 free tickets to see Les Miserables at ASU Gammage Auditorium. We were 11 rows from the stage and it was amazing! Have I mentioned how much I love musicals? I Dreamed A Dream, On My Own,
Master of the House, One More Day. Classic songs. We've only seen shows from the second balcony so it was great being so close to the show and actually being able to see the performers. I am so excited to see the new film version coming out on Christmas day.


3. On Thursday morning, we received the scary news that Grandpa Reed had fallen into a cement ditch and was airlifted to a nearby hospital. He was in ICU for head trauma, but has since moved out of ICU to a regular section of the hospital. His condition remains the same right now so we aren't really sure what is going to happen. We've been at the hospital to visit him over these past few days although he's been sedated and asleep most of the time.

4. My college roommate, Aimee, celebrated her 30th birthday with Princess Party. Everyone wore tiaras, we played Just Dance, and enjoyed a yummy castle birthday cake. Another 14 months and I'll be turning the big 3-0 too.


5. After a stressful day at work, I decided to cheer myself up with a little Zander/mom time. We went to Golden Spoon and shared some chocolate yogurt with peanut butter cups. My favorite part of our little date was when Zander tried to tell me a story. It was the longest story and he was so expressive with his facial expressions and hand gestures. I could only understand a few words, but it must have been really something really important.

No comments:

Post a Comment