Friday, October 5, 2012

High Five Friday

1. Devin and I have been trying to get pregnant with baby #2 for the past few months. I had taken a pregnancy test on Sept 25 and was bummed when it was negative. On October 2, I had decided to go to the dollar store to stock up on some pregnancy tests. They are expensive at the store so I wasn't about to spend $10 each month on tests. For some reason I decided to take one when I got home. I was shocked when it was positive because I was certain that I wasn't pregnant. After taking another test which was positive again, I had Devin pick up a regular test at the store. I wasn't sure if the dollar store ones were trustworthy. All 4 were positive. Note to self - dollar store tests are every bit as accurate as the drug store ones. I had my first doctors appointment on Thursday October 4 and they confirmed it. Baby Merrill #2 will be here in June. My first OB appointment and scan is on November 1.

2. This week was full of baby news. My big brother Svend and girlfriend Laura welcomed Jack George Gerhardt Sorensen into the world. I'm so excited for them to experience parenthood and the instant change you have in your life when you have a little one.


3. In other baby news, we also found out that Jason and Lauren will be having a boy - little Grayson George. That makes 5 grandsons and 0 granddaughters for the Merrills. The pressure is on for our new little one to be a girl.

4. On October 4th, the Arizona funeral service for Grandpa Reed was held in Coolidge. Devin's mom gave the life story and mixed in beautiful songs throughout. I loved hearing stories about Grandpa's childhood, days as a Pentecostal preacher, how he was introduced to the LDS church and decided to convert, and the many missionary opportunities he had in his life. He was certainly a special man who touched many. 


5. After the funeral service, Mom, Dad, Uncle Tony, Devin, Zander and I took the red eye flight out to Dallas, TX and then drove to Arkansas. It was great to get there a few days before the service. Traveling was rough (according to Devin our plan was a torture chamber where you had no leg room and couldn't recline your seat) so we were able to have a day to recoup, a day to relax, and some time to get things ready before family arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment