Friday, October 26, 2012

High Five Friday

1. Even though our ward incorporates three neighborhoods within a square mile, it is huge! If you don't get to church on time, there aren't any parking spaces and you have to sit in the back of the cultural hall. With 600+ members, we knew that a split would be soon. On Sunday, we found out that they will be taking our ward and the ward to the north of us and make 3 new wards. It should be interesting to see the new boundaries and if our callings will remain the same. Another week until we find out. 

2. We went to the Powell's for Sunday dinner and found out what the kids would do for a Klondike bar. Poor Clayton did not like his choices - kiss his sister's butt or eat the ice cream in his underwear. He was offering to lick the toilet instead. The night got interesting when we were about to leave as their neighbors found a rattlesnake. Devin, Stevan, and Mason went over to help get the snake out from under the bushes and killed it.

3. On my way home from work on Wednesday, I got in a car accident. My second accident ever. I was waiting at a red light and caught a glimpse of the car coming up behind me in my rear view mirror. It trying to break, but it wasn't fast enough and I knew it was going to hit me. Luckily this happened right before I picked up Zander so he wasn't in the car with me. My back is a bit sore, but overall thought that things could have been a lot worse.

4. I had Friday off of work so got to spend the day with Zander. We ran a few errands and then had a lunch date at Chick-fil-a. Every time we pass one of their locations, Zander points to it and says "that one." This time, he tried to play with some older kids. He followed them around the play area and even walked up the slide.

5. We went to Devin's cousin wedding on Friday evening. The ceremony was outside with the beautiful Arizona desert in the background. Zander enjoyed playing with cousin Manessa and dancing with the flower girl and ring bearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment