Saturday, November 17, 2012

Another Year Older and Wiser

Free birthday breakfast at Joe's Farm Grill
Birthday shopping. I was spoiled.
I'm 29. Saying that number makes me feel old even though I know that it's really not that old. Perhaps it's the fact that I'm 29, Mormon, and only have 1 kid. Definitely not the norm when I have college classmates that have had 5 kids by this age. I've always been considered the young one in the group. In high school, everyone was a year older than me which made me jealous when it came to milestones (i.e. getting a drivers license) as I had to wait a lot longer than everyone else. When I graduated college, I was also the young one. 21 years old with a 4 year degree under my belt and my whole life ahead of me. Now I feel like the old lady, especially at work. Hearing people talk about graduating college in 2009 and 2010. Geeze. That was like yesterday.
With 365 days until I reach the big 3 - 0, I'm going to make this last year of my 20's the best. I may be an old lady, but I'm a happy old lady and that's all that matters. I've never been happier with my best friend by my side and the most incredible 2 year old who calls me his mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment