Monday, October 11, 2010

Camping at Canyon Lake

Last weekend we went camping at the lake with our besties - the Clawsons and Merinos. Things started out a bit rocky since we couldn't get a campsite. Who knew people would be camping at the lake in October? We made due and camped in the day use area. It was quiet and FREE! 

On Friday night, the boys did some wake boarding while us girls and the babies relaxed on the shore. We ate dinner and sat by the campfire chatting.


We shared a tent with the Clawsons and us Merrills had to rough it - aka no air mattress. Poor Devin had to contour his body around some tree stumps. Maybe next time he will rethink the no air mattress thing. Zander slept through the night like a champ and woke up happy as usual.
  


We woke up early and were welcomed by a million birds trying to peck into our food bags. Luckily they did not get anything. After eating breakfast, a bunch of ducks came to our campsite. Kassidy and I fed the ducks with Zander and Gabe. Zander wasn't too sure about these animals.  



We went out on the lake for most of the morning. We took a scenic tour through the canyon and stopped for a little swim. Then we got down to action and did some wake boarding. This time I got up - although couldn't stay up for very long. On my last attempt I fell really hard. On Sunday, I felt as if I had been in a car crash. Every part of me hurt! 






 It's not a trip without seeing some of Devin's crack





 Before we packed up camp and headed home, I put Zander in the water. I started off small by just putting his feet in. Then I just sat him in the water. He seemed to enjoy it and didn't cry.






It was a fun weekend. Can't wait to do it again soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment