Friday, July 20, 2012

High Five Friday


I'm going to start a weekly post on the blog called High Five Friday. I think this is the perfect way to capture the small, but real things that happen in life that I may not take 100 photos about or do a full post on. Here’s hoping that I can keep this up and think of 5 things each week. 
 
1) Devin’s cousin Cerise had twin boys last week and I was able to go to the hospital for a visit on Monday. It was great to catch up with her and hear all the details of her labor. It has to be a mom thing that you ask about the labor details. Before Zander, that was one subject that I could skip over. I loved holding baby Kenneth, touching his soft skin, and taking in that baby smell. 

2)  We had the Kieta’s over on Monday and Thursday night for a Batman marathon. We watched Batman Begins and The Dark Knight in preparation for The Dark Knight Rises which we watched last night. We were lucky enough to get tickets to an advanced screening of the movie so we saw it at 7pm instead of at midnight like all of the other crazy Batman fans. The new movie was a.w.e.s.o.m.e! Devin is already planning on seeing it again on Saturday. 

3)  Best Zander Reed moment of the week was when I got to hang out with him on Monday. We were in my bedroom and he wanted me to change my show to watch Yo Gabba Gabba. I of course was consumed with watching How I Met Your Mother and didn’t want to watch his show. I started watching HIMYM a few weeks ago and I’m already on Season 5 thanks to Netflix. Can I just say that I love Barney? Zander then proceeded to play and found the power strip which the tv is plugged into. After turning the power off and realizing that the tv was now turned off, he muttered “What Happened?”

4)  After getting his book last month and finally opening up the pages to read it, we are going to try the Dave Ramsey plan. We’ve been working over the last year to pay off debt and save money, but we are really in fast mode to continue with this. We have our emergency fund saved and now it’s time to start paying off the small credit card, medical, and car debt we have left. I can feel financial freedom!

5)  We started a book club at work and had our first discussion on the book The Art of Dancing in the Rain. I read this book in 3 days while we made the trip to Utah to visit the Merinos. Even more crazy is that after finishing the book, which is in the perspective of a dog named Enzo, I ended up seeing a restaurant called Enzo. If you haven’t read the book you probably won’t know the significance of that and I don’t want spoil the ending. Amazing book, amazing food, amazing discussion, and amazing company (Melanie & Ashley). Can’t wait to hear what the next pick is!  

No comments:

Post a Comment