Friday, July 27, 2012

High Five Friday


1. We booked our flights to Florida! It definitely doesn’t fit into our plan to save money, but we’ve been wanting to go for a long time. The last time we went was back in August 2006 when Devin and I were engaged. This time we can actually share a room together. It will be our first family vacation with just the three of us. 8 days of beach, surfing, tanning, gators, friends, and maybe we’ll get to see Mickey again this year. 4 weeks until we leave!.


2. I have LOVED our afternoon family time this past week. Devin and I making dinner together in the kitchen while Zander plays and we rock out to my quick mix Pandora station. I am definitely blessed to have my little family.

3. Grandma Judi came for a quick visit over the weekend. While here, we were able to do a family dinner with Kylie, Stevan, and the kids, get caught up on our celebrity gossip by reading our favorite tabloids, and have some quality mother/daughter shopping time. Zander was so sad after she left. Every time we get home from work, he thinks she’s inside the house and calls out for Grandma.

4. I am a reality show junkie. I’ve been following the Bachelorette this season and Sunday night was the finale. I admit that I was a cheat and looked online a few weeks ago to see who won. At first I was shocked that Emily picked Jef, but by the end of the season he definitely won me over despite his cheesy words and bouffant hairdo.  


5. We went to the lake on Saturday afternoon with Devin’s family. It was a hot sunny day so didn’t think we’d have to worry about the 40% chance of rain. When we got to Canyon Lake, the clouds started to roll in and eventually the crowded lake cleared out with the rain. The storm didn’t last long so we were able to go back on the water, but it was nice to take a moment to enjoy mother nature, the cooler weather, and the smell of the desert after it rained.

No comments:

Post a Comment