Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Last Day

It's my last day. I am all packed up and ready to go. I know I am going to cry as I say goodbye to everyone. 5 years is a long time. A lot of big things happened in my life while I worked here. My coworkers have become like family since I see them more than some of my actual family members. Looking back there have been so many good memories. Here are a few of my favorite:
  • The YES polybag and apples. The YES polybag had been sitting on Elizabeth's desk for weeks. When Patrina brought in apples from her mom's tree and I wanted to take some home, I grabbed it from her desk to use. I thought it was a genius solution! A few days later Elizabeth was going crazy wanting to know who stole it from her desk and she was blaming everyone in the office - except me ofcourse.  Patrina and I watched, didn't say a thing, and laughed at her. After a few months, we finally told her who took it.
  • Ladies Lunches. All the times I had lunch with MB, Lori, Patrina, Elizabeth, and Jen. We are one crazy group. No tomatoes. Dressing on the side. Veggies instead of french fries. Extra lemons. Crispy bacon. No ranch, add mayo. I'm sure the lady at Chili's hates us. We will have to plan a ladies dinner now since we are all spread out.
  • My Surprise Bridal Shower. It was a week before my wedding. Another coworker was pregnant and due the same month. She met me at the back door with a huge smile on her face and rushed me into the office. She was like look - the only thing I saw was a sign for a baby shower. I thought, how nice of everyone to give her a baby shower. She then informed me it was a bridal shower too. Somehow I didn't see the other sign hanging right next to the baby sign. The office planned a potluck and got us both gift cards to celebrate our special day.
  • The Rooster. When the editorial staff was moved from the Gilbert office to Mesa before us, we found a big ceramic rooster left in one of the pods. When it was our turn to leave, we packed our boxes and I thought we said goodbye to the rooster forever. On my first day in Mesa, I came to my desk and found that darn rooster sitting at my desk. Patrina had slapped one of my stickers on it.
  • My Goodbye Lunch. I was so touched by all those who made it to my lunch to say goodbye.  
Things I'll Miss
  • The Everything Bagel - not really but had to include that on here somehow.
  • Dot & her need to find out who printed on her printer. Gotta love Dot!
  • Annette and all her funny stories. She is probably one of the funniest people I know. I remember the advice she gave me when I got married. You'll never love anymore more than your husband, but sometimes you'll just want to take a hammer and beat him with it. Classic.
  • 3 weeks vacation, 1 week personal, and 2 weeks of sick time : (
  • Chatting with Lori everyday
  • The monthly birthday celebrations with cake
  • Newspapers at my disposal
Farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment