Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Job

I have been looking for a new job for awhile, hoping and wishing for the day when I could finally leave the Republic. I started there as Lisette Sorensen - 22 years old, fresh out of college, and single. Now 5 years later, I am leave as Lisette Merrrill - 27 years old, wife, mom, and with all the knowledge and skill I could take from the positions I have held. I am definitely ready for a change and to challenge myself with this new position.

On January 31, I will start as an Account Manager with FetchBack.  I know it will be a lot to learn, but I am so excited for this new opportunity and the growth possibilities with this new company. Plus I get to hang out with Jen Field again! : ) Thanks to Jen, who used to work at The Republic, I was able to get my foot in the door and my resume in HRs hands. After two interviews, I was offered the job today. 


My last day will be in two weeks and I plan to take my rooster and this picture with me. This picture has been hanging in my cubicle for the last year. It was taken over 2 1/2 years ago at a goodbye lunch for Renee who was leaving the company. It has most of the former Gilbert office people - except for Patrina and Lori. Not sure where they were that day, but I drew them into the picture one day when I was bored. One by one everyone has left and Elizabeth even came back to the company. I started checking people off and kept this at my desk for the chance to check myself off when I gave notice to leave. Finally, I can check myself off! I am sure the cleaning lady probably thinks I'm some crazy person for having this picture in my cubicle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment