Thursday, June 3, 2010

Going home

Originally we were told that Zander would have to stay in the hospital for awhile until he could gain more weight. I think he exceeded doctors expections on how well he actually was. His goal was to eat atleast 15 ML of formula every 3 hours. Each day, it was easier and easier to feed him. He actually started to eat 20 - 25 ML on the last day. The day before I was to be discharged, we were given some good news - there was a chance he could come home with us. We were estatic! A chance was better than nothing. Plus we knew that if there was a chance, even if he had to stay in the hospital that it would only be for a short time.

On discharge day, the pediatrician cleared him to come home. Hallelujah! Then came some bad news - my blood pressure was too high and they were thinking about keeping me another day : ( At this point, I was ready to go home with my baby. The hospital was great, don't get me wrong - I had food (good food too) brought to me, nurses would come in and ask if I needed anything all the time and they would bring in snacks and drinks, I got to take naps, watch tv, and chill with my baby and my husband all day. But I missed home and was ready to start our life with Zander. To try and bring down my blood pressure, I sat in the bed and tried to think relaxing/happy thoughts while soothing music played around me. Something worked, because eventally it did go down and my tests came back normal.

It was a long day of waiting, but we were so glad to finally leave with Zander!

No comments:

Post a Comment