Friday, June 11, 2010

A Nice Surprise

My best friend in high school was Mistique Tate. We were inseparable and very alike in how shy we both were back in the day at AJ High School. One difference we do have is that Mistique is an amazing artist! She is talented at painting, drawing, & ceramics. Basically all things art. After I got married and moved to Johnson Ranch, we lost touch. I happened to run into her sister Monique at Wal-Mart and found out that she lived in Queen Creek too. I'm sad that I only saw her two times before she moved to Oregon earlier this year. : (

When I got pregnant with Zander, Mistique said she was going to make him something. A few days ago, I had this huge box at my doorstep. I had no clue what was inside and what could she make that was so big. When I opened the box and saw this picture, I was blown away! She is so talented! Plus - it matches his room perfectly.
Thank you so much Mistique! We will truly cherish this picture forever.

2 comments:

  1. I just got your card in the mail today so I wanted to jump on and say thank you!! Then, I see that you posted this thing lol... You are the sweetest person ever and I'm so sorry I let ya down and screwed up our being "inseparable" ... I will always treasure your friendship!!! I look forward to meeting Zander and seeing you again soon!! And you give me too much credit ;p (I'm still shy!) You however seem to have gotten over that and I miss your bubbliness!! :) I'm sorry the glass broke on the picture, looks like it got scratched... hmmm, I can make a new one!! lol... I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete