Friday, August 17, 2012

High Five Friday

1. My new obsession is shopping at the thrift store. What better way to pack my closet full of cute things and stay on a budget! I'm not sure who is donating all of their Anne Taylor, H&M, and Limited clothes, but I'm happy to take them. I went this week in preparation for my trip to Florida and I bought the green Limited shirt below, another shirt, dress, and a shirt for Zander. I spent $12!


2. Devin went to Real Colors training with his work this week. It's based on the theory that there are 4 distinct personality types. Once you identify your strengths and the strengths of your coworkers, it is supposed to be easier to work with them considering you know their personality types. Devin found out that he is a blue/gold. Does this sound like him?
  • Blue - peaceful, sincere, spiritual, subjective, sympathetic, insightful, caring, compassionate, personal, empathetic, romantic, humane, nice, poetic, sensitive, accepting, patient, giving, and true
  • Gold - sensible, practical, organized, provider, parental, stable, thorough, punctual, dependable, painstaking, conservative, detailed, solid, hard-warking, consistent, structured, positive, predictable, and reliable.
We had a similar training at the Republic and I am 100% gold. I was certain Devin was more of an orange (described as generous, witty, spotanteous, competitor, performer, trouble-shooter, optimistic, eager, charming, courageous, independent, willing, reactive, fearless, excitable, enthusiastic, excitable, adaptable, easy-going, mechanical, compromising, persuasive, wild, fun and crazy). 

3. London sure knows how to put together the Closing Ceremonies. One Direction, the band formerly known as Oasis, George Michael, and the Spice Girls. It was like a huge concert! Great way to close the Olympic games. We'll be waiting for the 2016 games in Rio. 


4. To say it's been hot would be an understatement. It has been a blistering summer and it's around this time each year that I wish we lived somewhere else. Since I get off work early, Zander and I normally run errands, play at the park, or go swimming together. Lately our afternoon consists of coming straight home because of the heat. The thought of getting in and out of the car does not sound fun. This past week we actually did run a few errands, one which included a trip to Walmart where we admired some fish.


5. This is the sight I see each morning as I leave early for work. Definitely makes it tough to leave when I'd rather cuddle up with my two favorite people.

No comments:

Post a Comment