Friday, August 3, 2012

High Five Friday


1. I love the Olympics! Swimming, beach volleyball, gymnastics. This week has been a great week to watch sports. Michael Phelps became the most decorated Olympian in history. The USA gymnastics team won gold for the first time since 1996. Misty and Kerri broke their consecutive set win streak at the Olympics, but still won all of their games. Two and a half weeks of events every two years just doesn’t seem like enough.


2. Devin had a little mishap with his car keys on Tuesday so I had to pick him up from work. It also meant that I had to take him to work the next morning which was ok by me. Since I work from 6am – 3pm and Devin works from 8am – 5pm, Devin takes care of Zander in the morning and drops him at the sitter. It also means that I don’t get to sleep in or participate in the normal morning routine. It was so nice to sleep in, get ready, drop Zander off, and drive into work together. It’s days like this that I wish I worked the normal hours.

3. One of my highlights each day is the 15 minutes in the car with Zander while I drive home from the sitters. We listen to music loudly and both sing our hearts out. I’ll even switch it over to the Yo Gabba Gabba station which gets Zander really excited. I’ll adjust my mirror to watch his facial expressions and hand gestures as he grooves to the music. One of his new favorite songs is “Call Me Maybe” which seems to come on every time we are in the car.  


4. The last few months at work have been tough. There has been a lot of changes which has led to some frustration and stress. Things have been picking up over this past month and our team ended July above our target goals. It was a huge accomplishment for the entire team.

5. I am addicted to Etsy and VeryJane.com. There are so many cute things that I want to buy. Aside from buying not one, but two lace baby bloomers when I don't even have a girl, I bought a cute necklace a few weeks ago. I've been checking the mail every day since and finally got it yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment